Categories and Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Zesty BBQ Chicken

 So, now that College Football is in full swing; our Saturdays basically consist of us (or my fiance) sitting on the couch watching football from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed. I decided that it would be a good time to start a new 'family' traditions... Which is basically me throwing something in the crock-pot and sitting around the TV to enjoy the fruits of my not-so-hard labor.
 Today's concoction was soo good I think that I should share...

 Zesty BBQ Chicken

3 frozen boneless chicken breasts
12 oz. bottle of BBQ sauce (I used Baby Ray's)
1/2 c. italian dressing (I used Olive Garden dressing)
1/4 c. orange juice (I used Minute Made- made from frozen concentrate)
1/4 c. brown sugar 
2 tbsp. of worchestshire sauce
 Throw everything in your Crock-Pot. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 5-6 hours. I did mine on high for 4 hours. Also, after the chicken was thawed I shredded it up using tongs and a knife.
 I found that it was better after it had time to cool and thicken up. The sauce was a little thin before I let it set for a few hours- but then it was nice and thick.
 Serve on a roll. 

I enjoyed mine with a slice of cheese and mayo. Steve ate his with just cheese. It was YUMMMMY. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment