Categories and Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

A few of my favorite things...

 This week has been a stressful one. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital and being so far away from my entire family hit me hard. However, today he is to be released and hopefully soon he will start feeling better. All of this turned me into a constant crying, useless human being. Today I am feeling better. I think I got all of the tears out of my system. 

 Tomorrow is the annual Pumpkin Carving Party that we host. I have the menu ready and just need to go to the grocery store tonight, clean up the house, do some food prep, and decorate (okay that seems like a lot now that I type it... Maybe I should start stressing about my lack of preparation at this point!). Then we should be all set. I am excited to have an opportunity to have something take my mind off of all of this family stress. I will post about the party, all of the Halloween-y themed foods, and the carved pumpkins on Sunday. For now I will post about 3 more of my favorite things since I didn't get around to doing it yesterday. 

1. Loreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser. First of all the bottle and soap is pink so that automatically makes it a-okay in my book. But the cleanser pad that comes with it for scrubbing your skin really makes you feeling like your face is getting super clean. Plus, as far as I can tell it keeps your pores pretty well cleaned out and keeps any dried skin at bay. The smell could use a little improvement BUT it isn't as bad as anything Noxzema makes (yuck, that is enough to make me gag)! Another good thing is the price. It is only $4.99 at Target (that isn't the exact one but I am sure it is just as good). 




 2. Redken Body Full Shampoo and Light Conditioner So, the price is a little steep (over 15 bucks for an 10 fl. oz bottle of shampoo and an 8.5 fl oz bottle of conditioner. But the stuff is great. However, ONLY this specific kind works in my hair. Well, maybe not only but I tried one other kind (Redken Extreme) and it left my hair SUUUPER greasy. It was horrible- so that batch found it's way to my guest bathroom. I haven't had any guests yet to see if it is just an affect it has on me or if it is just a bad kind all together. It seems like all I am doing is bashing this product- so why is it on my favorite things list? Because the Body Full kind is Ah-Mazing. It gives my hair a little extra oomph and it leave it feeling clean with out feeling like it has all kind of residue left on it after I get out of the shower. It smells good (not great but not bad enough to turn me off from it). And, my hairstylist recommends it. My hair is soft and doesn't get any breakage. I have highlights put in my hair and this keeps that from damaging it. Also, it protects my hair from any heat damage from a curling iron or straighter. I like it. I might look into trying something new once these bottles are empty but I have been using it for over a year and it has been great. This stuff as far as I have found can only be purchased at a hair salon. 

3. Guess Penny Loafer platform heels. These are currently in my rotation of favorite shoes. They are SUPER high so if you don't normally wear heels this might pose as an issue for you. However, despite their height they are oober comfy. Guess knows what they are doing when making a shoe. They last a long time, fit well, and are comfy. I love that this particular pair is sort of old school but yet really hip and trendy right now. I know you will doubt me about the comfort once you see how high they are BUT I swear, they are suuper comfy. I have even worn them to the grocery store and they didn't give me an issue. The only issue I do have when wearing them is they are kind of hard to drive in because the heel kind of prevents you from pushing on the gas or break. Or I just have an irrational fear or my foot getting stuck and not being able to hit the break and causing me to drive over a cliff (Cray-cray). Well, because of this I never drive in them- I take a pair of flip flops to drive on and change into/out of them when I am getting in/out of the car. It works. They are cute. And, make your legs go on for miles and miles. Plus, they give you some serious muscle definition. Seeexxxaaaay. I bought this particular pair at TJMaxx probably about a year ago and I don't remember how much they were. But, they are super trendy so you can probably find similar pairs just about anywhere. 

Sorry for the poor quality photos I am clearly not a professional photographer!


 Have any products that trump these? Let me know! I currently have a roast in the oven. I will share the recipe tomorrow (assuming it turns out good). I am super excited to eat some homemade comfort food. That's all for now. Hope you have a great day! Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment